Adman were appointed by Mid Ulster District Council as Principal Contractor to undertake a key project under the Council’s Village Improvement Scheme. This was part of the wider Local Action Group (LAG) interim strategy under the Rural Development Programme (RDP) 2014-2020. The LAG had allocated grant aid for the implementation of major and minor works programmes within selected villages.
Key features of the works were as follows:
- Site preparation including clearance of vegetation and taking down existing play park fencing including posts, columns, end posts and restraining posts
- Upgrading a 250m walkway to a 3.5m wide pedestrian/restricted vehicle link from the village playing fields to Church Street.
- 57 no. brand new 4m high lighting columns to all paths around the existing playing fields, including excavation of cable trenches, ducts and reinstatement
- Extending the children’s play park including installation of bespoke furniture allowing for seating for parents (benches), litter bins, bicycle stands & information signage
- Laying 500m of new bitmac pathways & reinstatement works to existing perimeter paths leading to/surrounding the playing fields & riverside walkways