Adman were appointed by NTR as Main Contractor to undertake all Civil Balance of Plant works for Castlecraig wind farm which is located 4km west of Drumquin in Co. Tyrone.
Our scope of works involved the design and construct of 10 no. 2.5MW Nordex Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) with all associated infrastructure including access tracks, crane hardstands, substation and site drainage. Key features of the works were as follows:
- Design & Construct WTG delivery route modifications, WTG foundations, hard standings, substation, permanent & temporary works, collector circuit
- Foundations for 10 no. Nordex Type N100 WTG. Sections of the site had peat depths of up to 3m. WTG and Crane hard standing excavations were constructed using traditional dig and replace and “rock doughnut” methodologies
- 4,500m of new 4m wide “dig and replace” and “floated” site tracks using site won material, imported stone and geotextiles
- Maintaining upgrading and selected widening of 7000m of existing forestry access track leading to the wind farm entrance
- Single storey 33/11kV control building/switch house & compound
- 6000m of Cable Trenching including excavation, backfill with marker tape, compaction of suitable fill material & reinstatement