Adman were appointed by NIE Networks to undertake the construction of 3 major 110 / 33Kv sub-stations as part one of the largest investments in the network for some time in order to facilitate the integration of renewable energy projects to the regional electricity grid. This involved the construction of greenfield sub-stations at Gort, Rasharkin & Dromore which now form a key part of our clean energy transmission and distribution system.
Each sub-station involved a comprehensive scope of works which included:
- Site clearance and bulk earthworks to 3no c.7 acre sites and formation of new site access roads, including kerbs, storm drainage, compacted aggregate filling, bituminous surfacing
- Piling works including sheet piling & pre-cast concrete
- Steel framed sub-station buildings with reinforced concrete cable basements, decorative block walls, precast slab flooring, raised access flooring and galvanised steel gantries
- Reinforced concrete transformer bunds, equipment and gantry bases
- Construction of overhead line termination towers
- Installation of precast concrete cable trench systems, copper earth trenches and buried cable duct systems.
- Formation of yard/staff carparks with 1,600m² bitmac finish compounds
- Full lighting to access roads & site perimeters including associated civil works, cable trenching, ducting and security fencing at each site